- भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
- वाणिज्य और उद्योग मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
The Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) prepared a Citizen Charter based on recommendation of conference of Chief Secretaries on "Effective and Responsive Administration". The Charter contains preamble, functions, mission, values, commitments & standards, limitations and public grievances as under:
The Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) with its headquarter at Nagpur and a network of 9 Circle offices, 14 Sub-circle offices. In addition to above there is National Academy for Petroleum and Explosives Safety & Testing Station and at Gondkhairy (Nagpur) and Fireworks Research & Development Centre (FRDC) at Sivakasi. PESO has been continuing to serve the public and industry for over 125 years in all matters relating to safety in manufacture, storage, transport and handling of explosives, petroleum, compressed gases and other hazardous substances through comprehensive administration of Explosives Act, 1884, Petroleum Act, 1934, Inflammable Substances Act, 1952 and rules framed there under viz. Explosives Rules, 2008, Gas Cylinders Rules, 2016, Static & Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) Rules, 2016, Petroleum Rules, 2002, Calcium Carbide Rules, 1987 & Cinematographic Films Rules, 1948 (under repeal).
Explosives Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal etc. of various licenses and permits regarding manufacture, testing, authorisation, storage, transportation, use, import, export, etc. of explosives.
Static & Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal, Import etc. of various licenses/permits regarding design, manufacture, testing of pressure vessels and fittings; storage/transportation of compressed gases in pressure vessels and recognition of agencies responsible for inspection/testing of pressure vessels.
Gas Cylinders Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal, Import etc. of various licenses/permits regarding design, manufacture, testing of Gas cylinders and fittings; filling, storage/transportation of compressed gases in cylinders and recognition of testing stations and agencies responsible for inspection/testing of cylinders.
Petroleum Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal, Import etc. of various licenses/permits regarding design, manufacture, testing of petroleum storage/transport tanks and fittings; refining, blending, storage/transportation of petroleum, pipelines, electrical equipments and recognition of agencies responsible for inspection and testing of petroleum tanks, pipelines and equipments.
Calcium Carbide Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal, etc. of various licenses regarding storage of calcium carbide.
Cinematographic Films Rules - Approval, Grant, Amendment, Renewal, etc. of licence for storage of cinematographic films.
Notification for Acetylene Generation -
- Approval of design and installation of acetylene generating facilities.
- Monitoring of premises covered under above to ensure safety.
- Investigation into causes of accidents in related fields to take remedial steps for avoiding similar accidents.
We dedicate ourselves to achieve excellence in ensuring and enhancing safety of public and property. We aim at providing prompt and efficient services to public in proper installation and maintenance of hazardous facilities by adopting modern technologies.
- The Department is committed to respect the rights of citizens, appreciate their problems and provide remedies.
- We pledge to implement suggestions and ideas received from citizens to improve safety standards.
- We pledge to strive hard for efficient performance through system improvement, technical and information input, staff orientation, work place changes, decentralization of powers and re-engineering of work procedures.
- We assure disposal of simple cases like grant and renewal of approval/licence for petroleum and gas tankers within 2-3 days and other routine approval/licence within 2-3 weeks. However, the time for disposal of matters relating to major issues is likely to be more depending on the nature of the subject.
It has been our constant endeavour to provide best possible services to our clients. However, there could be delay or quality of service below expectations. Kindly bear with us considering our limitations.
The Organisation aims to settle genuine complaint within 10 working days of its receipt. If it cannot, we will explain the reason and the time it will take to resolve. Any person having genuine complaint may telephone or write or visit the local head of the concerned office. If the complaint remains unattended, the complainant may write to -